Saturday 15 October 2011

Breakfasting in Brighton.

Just a heads up, Bubble Kitschen is now closed. WaiKikaMooKau, Iydea and Infinity Cafe are in the same area and are all open for breakfast.

This morning I woke up on my living room floor next to 3 of my best friends and a blow up guitar, this could only mean one thing, it was time to find a hangover cure!

For the purposes of Vegan MoFo I decided we should pass on our usual haunts (WaiKikaMooKau or the Infinity Cafe) and try somewhere new. We headed to Bubble Kitschen to check out their vegan breakfast options.

This quirky cafe isn't vegetarian but it does have a lot of vegetarian and vegan items on the menu. The vegan items are marked with two v's & include an English breakfast, a Mexican breakfast & beans or mushrooms on toast. They also have a large selection of freshly squeezed juices which you can add spirulina to if you're so inclined.

I decided to go for the English Breakfast because I thought I'd be able to rate it better next to other English Breakfast experiences.

The breakfast comes with fried potatoes, two Linda McCartney sausages (hidden under the beans!), fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, baked beans & a slice of toast. This is certainly the greasiest breakfast I've had in Brighton but sometimes that's just what you need! I loved the crispy fried potatoes, they're the perfect addition to an English breakfast and the fried mushrooms were delicious. Also whilst I prefer the homemade tofu sausages at Infinity Cafe I definitely enjoy a good Linda McCartney sausage and they're perfect with this breakfast. The only thing missing was veggie bacon but that was more than made up for by the fried potatoes. I'll definitely be returning to Bubble Kitschen & ordering this breakfast again.

One of my friends, the lovely Kip from Messy Vegetarian Cook, ordered the Mexican Breakfast which consists of a flour tortilla filled with refried beans, a Linda McCartney sausage, guacamole, salsa, fried potatoes and tofu scramble.

I didn't actually try this but it looks amazing right? It was also ridiculously large! The tofu scramble was made with silken tofu which is a bit unorthodox but it looked fantastic & I'll definitely be trying it one day.

I'm going to try to catch up on some MoFo blogs now & I'll be back tomorrow for Football Food Sunday. Go niners!

16 comments:

  1. Both of those look really good. I'm seriously considering going to Brighton VegFest in March, so I'll have to remember this place for breakfast (if I'm not in a food coma from the event)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those plates look seriously yummy!

    I nominated you for a Liebster award! Details on the 10/15 post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those both look great. Think might need to recreate the mexican one, sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! i make scrambled tofu with silken tofu... its kinda creamierx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those plates are mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish there were more vegan breakfasts at cafes where I live!! So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing cures a hangover like greasy food, Jojo. all i want is earth balanced home fries and fried green tomatoes. that's a lot of scramble and i love your plate with the beans 'n sausages (and the tomatoes and mushies look great as well). it looks awesome! hooray for some tasty vegan options and trying someplace new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great, I really regret that we didn't visit Brighton when we were in London, but next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some of the best vegan options in your area. As soon as you mentioned the Mexican brekky, I knew that's the one I'd choose but really both meals looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this kind of plate would totally make a savory stuff for breakfast believer out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not had a fry up for a few months, been far too long! Those both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. note to self: re-create that full english breakfast you had at Infinity already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't mind eating any of these breaksfasts... I don't think I've ever had a breakfast of that type (greasy and abundant) in a restaurant... I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmmmmmm yummie! What a great start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should definitely come down for Veg Fest Rachel, we should convince hana to come too & we'll have a sleepover!

    K you should definitely come & visit next time you're in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! That English Breakfast looks amazing! Your Niners played a good game on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!