Saturday 8 October 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 8, Apple Pie Pancakes.

I know I've posted once already today but raving about these pancakes just couldn't wait! Earlier this evening Isa Chandra Moskowitz posted this recipe for Apple Pie Pancakes on The Post Punk Kitchen Website & as soon as I saw them & realised that I had all of the ingredients in the house I knew what I had to do. Get off the sofa & make them of course!


I realised when I went to get the apple juice needed for these from the fridge that we actually only had apple & mango juice, no biggie, I like apple & mango juice & I couldn't see any reason why the substitution wouldn't work. By this point I already had my heart set on these pancakes so I knew I was going to forge ahead! I like how they make you feel fancy with their accompanying apple topping & as Isa says on the blog they were meant to go into Appetite For Reduction making these a healthy pancake! That meant no guilt about eating them at 10pm after a full day of polishing off all of the leftovers in the fridge, a whole lotta toast & half a bar of my favourite chocolate.

These are seriously some of the best pancakes I've ever made. Taste wise the combination of apples, cinnamon & maple syrup was always going to be a winner & they were just the right level of sweet. On top of the winning flavour these actually turned out round & perfect looking too! I used my new favourite gadget the Grill & Griddle to make these as the flat plates are perfect for pancakes but they're also the perfect size to make a half batch of this recipe. It keeps an even temperature all over too which is something I often have trouble with when cooking pancakes on my gas stove which can result in sad burnt bottomed, mushy centred pancakes.

Anyway, it's definitely time for me to head to bed now (perhaps I'll read a few more blogs on the way...) but you should definitely make these immediately, or y'know tomorrow for breakfast if you have a little more restraint than I do!

14 comments:

  1. These look so delicious I have no restraint but will have to wait until the shops have been visited tomorrow. Evil empty cupboards! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, those'll do just fine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, two posts in one day! You are MoFo Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isa does a pancake right. Thanks for pointing these out! I love any pancake topped with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about fried bananas with chocolate...but I have some leftover home grown bottled apples, so I think I just changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only love pancakes when someone makes them for me. come to me, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look just gorgeous! Isa is the queen of pancakes, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh these look so nice, thanks to you and a variety of other bloggers ive just placed my order for appetite for reduction, i can't keep missing out on such tasty good.

    That apple sauce looks so shiney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks soo good! And that apple topping, so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so delicious! I'll be making them for dessert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thevegandivision9 October 2011 at 21:02

    They look that good and they are healthy pancakes - what else could someone ask for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look beautiful! I love finding a new recipe and immediately making it because you just need to have it!

    Your grill pan sounds excellent, what a great kitchen appliance.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!