Tuesday 2 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 2 - Torino Chocolate


As a huge chocolate fan I was pleased to hear about a new company that launched in the UK recently called Vegan Town. Vegan Town are an online market place for all things vegan chocolate related and I was overjoyed when they agreed to send me some chocolate to review. I let them pick and they sent me two bars made by luxury Swiss brand Torino. 


The first bar I tried was the Torino Truffle bar which lived up to it's name.


The bar is filled with a solid but creamy almond and hazelnut truffle surrounded by rich dark chocolate that sits at the milkier end of the spectrum. Delicious, this is one of my favourite kinds of chocolate. Secondly I tore into the Torino Mousse bar which was honestly the one I was most excited about.


As illustrated on the front of the pack each individual dome of 60% dark chocolate is filled with a light, fluffy chocolate mousse. I was amazed at how airy it was.


It's up there with the best chocolate I've ever eaten. I used to be a big fan of an Aero bar in my pre-vegan days and this is almost like a lighter fluffier fancier version. I ate three quarters of the bar in one go and only stopped because I felt guilty for not sharing any with Nick, something I soon changed my mind on and, because I'm the worst wife ever, I finished off the whole bar. No regrets! 

I've spotted the Torino bars in Infinity Foods and Veganz Berlin and, of course, online at Vegan Town who also sell the new range of Vivani bars, Ananda's vegan Wagon Wheels and most of the Moo Free range. They also stock biscuits, fudge and spreads and run a Treat Box scheme for £20, £25 or £30 per month. Vegan Town ship within the UK for a flat rate of £3 and the box my two bars came in fitted easily through my letterbox. They also offer worldwide shipping.

If you'd like to order some chocolate from Vegan Town simply enter the code VIB22 at checkout to get 10% off of your order.

43 comments:

  1. They look great, I used to love Aero bars. I hope these make their way to Australia one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I need these in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I have heard of the Torino chocolate...it looks so delicious. I'm so glad vegan chocolate is getting more adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, so much more fun than the bars that were around when I first went vegan!

      Delete
  4. I want these! I love the look of the round bubble ones, and hazelnut truffle sounds deeeeeelicious! Hopefully they will make their way to Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Gawd! You had me at the title! I used to work in a choc shop and am always on the look out for more yummy treats! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! If you order from Vegan Town don't forget to use the 10% off code.

      Delete
  6. bahaha poor Nick, you are the worst sharer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great; now I'm going to stalk these bars too. Forever fatty over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had an Aero bar but that filling looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gosh, the mousse bar looks amazing. I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funnily enough, I had a partially eaten mousse bar in my desk drawer. I didn't think much of it the first time I tried it, but I gave it another shot just now and it was really good! So thanks to your post, a chocolate bar has found itself a home ... in my belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think much of it the first time I tried it either. Maybe I got a dud? Inspired to try again now!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, different strokes for different folks maybe? More for me ;)

      Delete
  11. Come to the US you sexy chocolate beast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks so awesome! i love anything filled! that moment that the center breaks open is like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, that truffle bar looks fantastic! I totally would not have shared that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ridiculous, now that I'm home I'm going to need to get my hands on another bar asap!

      Delete
  14. I come from Switzerland and we sell them in every small shop but I didn't know they were vegan so I definitely have to try them as soon as possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's super interesting! I had no idea they were an accidentally vegan product. I'll have to look for them next time I'm in Switzerland.

      Delete
  15. I always wanted to try Torino, thanks! I think I would really like this kind of chocolate any my favourite online store also sells it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! That chocolate looks divine, I NEED some now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. holy majoley! I have a feeling that your chocolate and cheese theme is just going to drive me bonkers. now I just need to practice equinimity and non-attachment about not having a chocolate mousse bar like that anywhere near me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope you're good at that. This theme's gonna get intense!

      Delete
  18. I was so excited to order this (I love moussey chocolate bars) and then you said they sold wagon wheels and now I'm off the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A vegan chocolate website!! Omg this is brilliant. And they sell Schakalode, I love that stuff but I've only ever found it in Germany. I can now foresee what I'm going to be ordering this afternoon...hopefully I don't spend all my money on chocolate. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hopefully the 10% off code might help you not to spend all of your cash!

      Delete
  20. Words cannot express how great that looks to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm always searching for a great vegan chocolate bar. It's a weakness I've decided not to fight. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!