Sunday 21 November 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 21

Today Nick wanted to try his hand at lasagne making & the recipe he picked was the Spinach Lasagne from Yellow Rose Recipes. I was pretty surprised by this as Nick's not a fan of spinach but apparently he likes it in lasagne.



We modified the recipe a little to suit our tastes, firstly it calls for the the Yellow Rose Recipes Marinara but instead we used the pizza sauce from Vegan With a Vengeance. We really loved it on pizza last week & the Yellow Rose Recipes version calls for onion which Nick hates. We also added the Bechamel Sauce from The Urban Vegan to the top of the lasagne before topping it with Super Melting Mozzarella Cheezly & we layered it slightly differently.

It came out so well, I don't think I've ever actually seen Cheezly melt like this before & I use it quite a lot - maybe it's because the lasagne was baked whilst covered in foil?


I loved that the lasagne wasn't too sloppy, whenever I've made them before they've totally collapsed as soon as they were outa the oven dish - this one held it's shape really well.

It was so delicious & I'll definitely be making this again. I've been searching for the perfect lasagne recipe for quite a while & I think I've finally found it!

9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I've never tried Cheezly before, I'm curious to though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheezly is super melting! That looks deeee-liscious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheezly's only use, so far as I'm concerned, is in melty things and sauces (where it's awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazing! i still have yet to tackle vegan lasagna....this definitely motivates me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seen vegan mozzarella, what does it tastes like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want some, can you send some to australia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would just love to get my hands on some cheezly! I love lasagna, and usually make it pretty often...now I'm craving some your pictures look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one glorious lasagna! I have the same problem with sloppy lasagnas, so I'd love to have one turn out as shapely as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!