Wednesday 24 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 24 - Endangered Species Chocolate


It's another chocolate day today, yay! I first heard of Endangered Species chocolate on the PPK forums, originally I was drawn in by talk of high quality fun flavoured chocolate but I was even more excited when I heard that they give 10% of their net profits to organisations that support species conservation and habitat prevention. How cool! Each bar also has an adorable picture of an animal on the front and I think they're an entirely vegan company. It took a lot of standing around in the chocolate aisle deliberating before I decided to pick the Raspberry Orange Créme filled bar. The other bars I was considering were Sea Salt & Lime Créme, Almond Butter Créme and Lavender Mint Créme. I think that list should explain how hard the decision was!


Now I don't know about you but when I think of creams and cream filled bars I think of quite a runny fondant but that was not what I found inside.


After a couple of seconds of confusion when I initially snapped the bar I realised that this is a créme not a cream! And what a delicious créme it is, or should I say was. Whilst it totally wasn't what I was expecting the sweet tart fruity orange and raspberry filling compliments the rich 72% dark chocolate perfectly and I intend to eat my way through the rest of the range next time I visit the US.

13 comments:

  1. I love the Endangered Species Chocolates. I've never seen the flavor you are posting about though. I'd love to try it! We buy the mint ones a lot. My daughter is obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had one of the filled bars - really tasty, really rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all those flavours sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the new filled bars yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the creme-filled bars but I didn't know they were vegan! Hooray, I can buy them now!!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no clue they were all vegan! See this is why blogs exist! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh this sounds soooo good! I knew about the brand but hadn't heard what yummy fillings they do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these bars! I actually did a whole set of haikus reviewing all of the creme flavors on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to finding those cream-filled bar. I don't know what the difference is between crème and cream... the runniness?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried a couple of the cream filled bars - but I still like the solid chocolate bars better. Plus, I was bummed that these had palm oil in them. :( I try to avoid it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are so spoiled for choice there! I want to eat this delicious looking chocolate. Salted lime creme would be great - there's a guy at my local farmer's market who does a lot of dark chocolates and he does a salted lime (no filling) and it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what inventive flavours! It's great to see more and more flavoured vegan chocolate becoming available.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried that one yet. I love their stuff, but I love that they donate 10% even more.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!