Tuesday 16 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 16 - Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Thins

Whilst I was in Austin I was trying to do my best at keeping up with reading, as well as writing, VeganMoFo blog posts and I was extra glad I did when I spotted these Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Thins on MissMuffcake's blog. I'd have been kicking myself if I hadn't read about them until I was already home and it was too late. The sea salt pretzel / chocolate combo is possibly my favourite ever so I had to go looking for them!


MissMuffcake featured them on her blog on Vegan Target day but alas they were nowhere to be seen in the Target I visited. I did find them somewhere else though, maybe HEB, I honestly can't remember. They were also in Whole Foods but they were super pricy there.

I didn't actually break into the bag until I got home, Austin had plenty of amazing dessert options to keep me occupied, and OMG they're ridiculous.


It's thick dark chocolate that I would guess hovers around the 70% mark and it's chock full of salted pretzel pieces. I'm actually savouring every last piece of this and I've eyeballed the bag into four portions rather than eating it all at once because I'm going to be super sad when it's all gone. This has to be up there with my favourite chocolate ever and next time I'm in the US you can bet I'll be stocking up!

Can you believe we're halfway through VeganMoFo already? What are your favourite blogs, posts etc so far? I'm a little bit in love with Hasta La Vegan's Cooking From Old and Outdated Cookbooks theme. She's eating some truly ridiculous dishes and I can't help laughing every time I see a new post. As a massive Parks & Recreation fan I'm loving Easy Vegan's Carb's and Rec theme, this post really stood out to me and not just because I heart Ben Wyatt! I cannot wait to make the S'mores Cookies I spotted on Vegan Chai's blog yesterday, I was going to make them last night for the tattoo appointment I should have been at right now but the artist's sick so cookies have been put on hold. The (gorgeous illustrated) recipe for the cookies originally came from Amandabear from Will Draw For Cookies who actually designs the Vegan MoFo graphics! I always feel a little guilty when I write about my favourites or do round up posts for the official site because I often want to include everything! Especially from people who've been blogging every day or almost every day, I get what a huge commitment that is and I think you're all awesome.

How do you read and comment on VeganMoFo blogs? That's half of the fun for me and I like to click through the countries list on the Where in the World? page on the official site as well as browsing randomofo and keeping an eye on the #veganmofo and #veganmofo2014 hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. We're definitely having Feedly bundle issues this year just like last year, it just won't import all of the blogs correctly and it's missing quite a few, including mine! We'll be working on fixing that for next year though! I've also been trying to challenge myself to comment on at least 5 blogs a day especially those that don't have a tonne of comments yet, it can be disheartening as a new blogger if it seems like nobodies reading!

12 comments:

  1. That looks so freaking good. I use feedly and also browse randomofo. I've seen so many great posts that I don't know where to start with my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I need to go find these at Target!!! I've been trying to stay caught up on the vegan mofo blog and using my usual blog roll to read most posts. Tried randomofo and it was too much for me! Overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! When I was younger (and pre-vegan), after we'd been swimming, I'd get a packet of salted hula hoops and a bar of dairy milk and eat them together. THIS BAR SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming always reminds me of salted hula hoops... are these the only crisps vending machines sold back in the day?! Never had hula hoops with dairy milk but I used to shovel walkers ready salted along with dairy milk into my chops.

      Delete
  4. I went back to score two more bags marked down after my post. I can find them at the grocery store but for almost triple the price of Target - even when not on sale! I have been portioning mine out too! The pretzel is my fave but I really enjoy the mint one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound amazing! Wonder if it would be easy to make? My Mofo method is similar to yours. I like to use the countries list, in fact I go back to it again and again on my lunch breaks in the year between Mofos! I'm loving Hasta La Vegan's theme too. She's coming to Cake Liberation Front tomorrow and I'm wondering if she'll bring something from one of the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can assure you that I'm bringing 3 things from 3 of the books! Hoping they'll make the final cut :D

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the mention, much appreciated. I'm pretty mad at myself for not thinking of this delicious cheese and chocolate theme of yours! That chocolate looks amazing, I might try and make it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to add them to my list of things to get next year.
    I have found quite a few new blogs that I love! I often follow the links from MoFo roundups or play on random mofo looking for great posts, and I try and comment on as many of them as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, since I can't buy these here I will have to make them. Salty pretzels and chocolate are one of my favourite flavour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen these at Target but I never bought them because i'm cheap, but they had a bag of the mint variety on clearance today so I snatched it up. It as little pieces of candy cane in it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!