Thursday 25 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 25 - Vegan Parmesan


Yesterday afternoon I was nearing the end of my to-do list when I felt a familiar rumble that signalled dinner time was fast approaching. For the last few nights Nick and I have eaten cereal, microwaved some Amy's mac & cheese and yesterday I even made Nick grab us take out on his way home from work. Whilst these were all fine and filling dinners I felt like I should probably cook something proper today. I was racking my brain for something easy and decided to head over to my cheese board on Pinterest to see if anything simple but theme worthy jumped out at me. Right there at the bottom was this pin5 Quick and Easy Vegan Parmesan Pasta Recipes from Maple Spice, one of my favourite blogs.

Now I was super tempted to go for the really, really easy option of the Buttery Parmesan Pasta but I had a courgette calling my name so I decided to go for the Vegan Lemon Parmesan Spaghetti becuase Debbie suggests mixing in courgette to add some veg, good call Debbie!

The parmesan recipe itself is SO easy to throw together, easier than any other parmesan recipe I've tried and that's saying something. I think it's because it calls for ground almonds which I always have on hand anyway. You don't even need to get the blender out.

I whipped up a quick single serving batch in my pestle and mortar.


As soon as the pasta was ready I mixed in the margarine, parmesan, garlic powder, pepper and a little pasta water and added the courgettes to my portion - no way was Nick going to eat courgettes!


This was such a great easy meal, it literally came together in ten minutes. I'll definitely be trying the other four quick and easy pasta recipes from Debbie's post, the spring vegetable pasta sounds particularly delicious and even Nick will eat asparagus, peas and green beans these days!

12 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! And that's strange that you refer to zucchinis as courgettes! :P Is that a British thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, sounds delicious and easy to make, I always have ground almonds on hand too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for simple, quick meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this looks ace. I've not spotted this recipe before on Maple Spice. One of my favourites too. We've just made the chive cheese in her latest blog post using ground almonds which was so quick and easy and tastes amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes. 10 minutes sounds perfect for a quick meal. I'll need to look at that website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so simple and delicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. I'm a fiend for pasta, and that looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love pasta - this sounds great!

    I'd like to nominate you for a Liebster Award - it's a way of getting to know other bloggers, I hope you don't mind! (Also, you popped up on random mofo while I was searching for new blogs!) There's no pressure to take part, and you can check out my blog here to see what it's all about... http://www.madhatterspantry.co.uk/2014/09/liebster-award-and-random-mofo.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegan parm is the best. I keep a tub in my fridge to sprinkle on all the savory things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes you really need a 10 minute meal! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so tasty, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you liked it!! Thanks for posting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!