Saturday 27 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 27 - A Vegan Abroad Workshop



Today was London VegFest and in a total break from any theme I'm just going to write about people, lovely vegan people. Today I spoke about vegan travel on behalf of The Vegan Society who are the people who invented the word vegan, cool right? I was pretty nervous and every single person in that audience made my first ever public speaking appearance a pleasure. Looking out and seeing encouraging smiling faces was the best! Seriously I had so much fun and people clapped and came and chatted to me and asked questions at the end and nobody crumpled up their handout and left it on the floor so I'm calling that a win. I'll blog more about the talk, with links to some of the things in the handout, and about Veg Fest (tomorrow!) when I'm less tired but today was a total blast! All of these rad people came to my talk AND they're all taking part in VeganMoFo! How cool! 


From left to right we have Randi from Laughfrodisiac who I hung out with in London the other day. Her MoFo theme Planes, Trains and Veganmobiles is most excellent and I love that she's managing to blog despite moving halfway around the world during MoFo. Then there's me, you know me! Hasta La Vegan's in the middle, they're doing the most ridic MoFo theme EVER and veganising recipes from old and outdated cookbooks. Hilarity ensues every day and I can't believe I was so stunned from public speaking and new people and chatting that I forgot to do any "you're killing it" high fiveing! Caroline from Tea and Sympatico's next to her and it was so good to see her again. I haven't seen her since I was in Manchester almost 18 months ago. Her MoFo has been tea themed and despite not being a tea drinker myself I've spotted plenty of delicious and tempting things on her blog this month including these white chocolate and matcha green tea truffles. One of my BFF's Sal from Alien on Toast is on the right and if you've never checked out her blog you should, for MoFo she's veganising Jamie Oliver recipes, making dirty sandwiches (like this tuna mayo and sweetcorn one with peanut butter!!) and more. Charis from Floral Frosting wasn't around by the time we took this but it was awesome to meet her - one day I need to make her mint choc chip ice cream, it looks Uh-Mazing! I also got to meet The Food Duo who are MoFoing too as well as loads of other great non-mofo peep's!

Right now I'm ready to crash but I'll post about the food tomorrow fo' sure and don't worry cheese and chocolate do feature!

9 comments:

  1. You were wonderful!!!
    Can't sleep, ate too much Sheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish a VegFest would come to my town soon! There are always events like those in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul), but those are a good 3.5 hour drive...I'll keep my eyes open though! Sounds amazing!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your successful speaking gig! I'm sure it's the first of many to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard your talk was fab. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing day. I am glad (but completely not surprised) to hear that your talk went well. I didn't know it was your first presentation, for some reason I thought you had done lots of talks at vegan things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gutted I didn't make this one :-( definitely going to try and make the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your talk; sounds like it was great! And such a nice picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really sad not to have been able to make it this year (my first year in London!) but it sounds like you had a great time. I'll be aiming for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!