Monday 29 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 29 - Cheezish



It's my favourite day of the week, Mac & Cheese Monday! Yay! I wasn't quite sure what to make today and then I remembered Cheezish! If you read my pal Lindsay aka Vegan Chai's blog then you must have heard of Cheezish. It's her favourite! I knew I had to try it and what better day than today. The recipe comes from the Glad Cow cookbook and it's also here on the cookbook author's Facebook page. It was so easy to make, you just whiz the ingredients together in a blender and then stir in some margarine at the end. As well as being ridiculously easy it was also totally delicious. 


This stovetop mac is tangy, creamy and cheesy and the recipe makes a tonne of sauce which is the best. It has both roasted red peppers (pimentos if you can get 'em, I couldn't) and a tonne of nooch which are two of my fave' mac & cheese ingredients. I left out the hot sauce. I wanted to get cavatappi (or spirali as they seem to call it over here) because it's Lindsay's favourite but the supermarket I went to didn't have it so I got Pipe Rigate instead which is still an excellent vessel for cheesy sauce.

I will definitely be making this again soon. Probably tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I have heard of this cheezish so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. translation: lindsay will not shut her gigantic mouth, ever EVER.

      Delete
  2. Oh man that looks creamy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, I just never make vegan mac n cheese. maybe it's time I try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, tomorrow! It must be GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so excited you tried it, and i'm even MORE excited that you loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've saved this recipe! I hope to put on the dinner menu in the next week.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!