Saturday 20 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 20 - Arlo's, Austin


One place I couldn't wait to re-visit on my trip to Austin earlier this month was Arlo's. This fast food truck is located on vegan friendly bar Cheer Up Charlie's parking lot and it is the stuff my take out dreams are made of. We hit it up three times on our trip, we love the fast service, late hours and, of course, the food. If you're into drinking or just sitting outside shooting the shit over a soda water and some tasty food then you can hang out at Cheer Up Charlie's to enjoy your meal, they have a tonne of outdoor seating as is the way in Austin.


Arlo's menu is pretty decently sized for a truck but I have never deviated from the Bac'n Cheeseburger. Last time we visited in 2012 they didn't do sides, now they do and you can pick from fries, sweet potato fries or tots. We chose tots every time, there are no tots in England so I like to make the most of them when I travel!


The cheeseburger itself is delicious, messy, fast food perfection and I love it. I can't wait to order you again next May my friend. I may even branch out and try the BBQ Burger, Tomato Basil Dog or Chick'n Tacos. Maybe.

6 comments:

  1. Arlo's is so good, and we just never ever go. Lame! The addition of sides is great though. It's hard to eat a burger without fries! Or tots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get tots, too even though I can buy them in the grocery store whenever I want. i'd much rather get them as a side to an awesome burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we got tots over here. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish they were there when WE were there. Mother's was really the only place back then. And Swad Indian - so good!

    Zsu @ Zsu's Vegan Pantry

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tots at all?? Or just no tots when eating out?
    We can buy them frozen in supermarkets here, but they are called potato gems.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!