Wednesday 31 October 2012

What I Ate Wednesday - Halloween

Yeah, that's right, I'm going back to one of my themes! This morning for breakfast I had some of this new cereal...


...mixed into one of my favourite yoghurts. I love the new Alpro yoghurts that come in the two packs. There are two flavour options, cherry or peach, and somehow Alpro have managed to make a creamy fruity yoghurt that isn't too sweet. They're perfect.


For lunch I just recreated what I made yesterday, it was even easier this time because I just needed to reheat the cauliflower and boil the soba noodles.

My afternoon snack was a chocolate extravaganza, Kallo Dark Chocolate Rice Cakes...


...followed by a Nature's Path Chococonut Bar.


Those rice cakes are one of my favourite ever snacks, I also got this great tip from Christina - spread them with peanut butter. It makes them even more epic! I discovered the Chococonut bars when I was in NYC earlier this year and I'm a little obsessed with them. They're chewy, sweet and full of chocolate chips. I brought three boxes back from Austin and I wish we could get honey free granola bars like this over here. You can also see my Halloween nails in that picture, I'm wearing Orly's Fowl Play. I have the classic black with orange accents on my toes using Barry M Black and Orly Orange Punch.

Dinner was a classic British meal with both a vegan & a Halloween twist! We had the Redwood Foods Fish-Style Steaks with mashed potato ghosts, peas & corn.


I got the mashed potato ghost idea from River at Wing-It-Vegan, mine are a little less fluffy because I made Caulipots with skin on potatoes. I also used capers for eyes instead of ketchup because I'm not a massive ketchup fan.

I can't believe MoFo's over for another year! It's been awesome as always, I've loved writing every day, reading everyones blogs and getting to be part of the MoFo team for the first time. See y'all soon!

19 comments:

  1. The dark chocolate rice cakes look so tasty! I love your mashed potato ghosts with the caper eyes - awesome! Thank you for the shoutout! :)

    This has been an awesome MoFo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature's Path Chococonut Bars are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fluffy caulighosts! so cute. I haven't seen those Alpro fruity & creamy yoghurts, but I love all soy yoghurts so I'd really like to try them.
    And I've loved reading all your MoFo posts (with themes or without) and I'm kind of sad it's gone by so quickly. Oh well, maybe I can start planning for next year (so maybe I'll actually be prepared for MoFo 2013, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE SPUD GHOSTS! those are so cute!

    Props to you for all the Vegan MoFo posting and organising! I'm really enjoying the Sweetbird and hot chocolate over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love the Zuma hot chocolate, it's amazing.

      Delete
  5. Are those capers for eyes? I do love a bit of mash potato!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dark chocolate rice cakes look so good. The spud ghosts are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ghosts!
    And I've really enjoyed your MOFO posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ghosts are very cute, love the caper eyes! Good luck with the baking, hope it's less stressful for you now that MoFo is over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ghosts with caper-eyes! hee hee. They are perfect. Also, I am so jealous of your alpro yogurts. those things are so delicious. I love granola-y cereal mixed with yogurt, it's such a perfect combo of creamy and crunchy! Happy mofo jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mashed potato ghosts look so cute!!! what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ghosts are excellent, great idea for the capers for eyes. And massive well done on all your Mofo work. Great to see someone from the UK on the team and the giveaways have been fab. My sister won the Lush one and she was delighted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, I'm glad I'm doing a good job reping team UK!

      Delete
  12. Those ghosts are4 seriously adorable. And I like your nail polish--what kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dark chocolate rice cakes sound so, so good!! I'll have to drip them in chocolate the next time I get sick of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm missing vegan mofo already, I can't believe how quickly that month went (probably because I was just reading all of the posts and not writing any!). I got myself some Alpro yoghurts and I really like them. I'd had them years ago and they tasted too 'planty' before but they're really creamy and delicious now, no yucky after taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoJo,

      I'm an ex-Brightonian. I've always dipped into your blog because it was so good for Brighton vegan recommendations & because you always make vegan food look so fun & creative. It was via your blog that I first heard about the vegan food swap (and did it :) ) Heard even more good stuff about Ms. Cupcake, and about the sourdough pizza place in Brixon that does vegan pizzas. I checked out the pizza yesterday when I was down in London (and popped into Ms. Cupcake.) The pizza was amazing!

      Roberta
      x

      Delete

Talk to me!