Thursday 25 October 2012

Things I Love Thursday - Even More Austin Love!

As it gets colder and colder here I miss Austin more & more! As soon as I find a decent tomato (so, next summer then!) I'll be recreating the amazing Garden Breakfast from Bouldin Creek Cafe


This was my favourite out of the three breakfasts I sampled at Bouldin Creek, lovely fresh local tomatoes, noochy tofu scramble, steamed spinach and sourdough toast. Perfection.

Another of my favourite things about Austin was the availability of awesome late night food. Arlo's is an epic vegan fast food truck located outside the back of a bar called Cheer Up Charlie's, so, if you want, you can grab a beer to go with your food.


I actually only ate one thing at Arlo's, the Bacon Cheeseburger, and it was so amazing that I couldn't resist ordering it again the second time we visited.


My crap photo really doesn't do this burger justice, it was insane! It was so like it's fast food namesake that it was almost creepy - in a good way!

Another amazing Austin food truck is The Vegan Yacht, how cool is this truck?! They even had awesome animal liberation stickers on their chairs! They don't stay open very late but it's the perfect place for lunch or an early dinner.


The Yacht has an awesome menu of sandwiches, smoothies, and crazy fun sounding things like Freeto Pie! I tried the Mock Chick'n Sammie which comes with organic shredded carrot and sprouts, lettuce, and organic tomato slices.


This was an amazing sandwich, the mock chick'n was super creamy and delicious and the salad was super fresh. If we hadn't left it until the second last day to visit we'd have definitely headed back there.

6 comments:

  1. That bacon cheeseburger looks amazing....I think I might have to visit Austin just for one (or two) of those bad boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Austin looks like such a good place for vegans to visit. I love the idea of food trucks, wish we had more options like that here - I want that burger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your Austin Posts are REALLY making me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to Austin but there are SO many reasons to go, including Capital City Bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing these food truck is giving me another reason to go to Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Austin posts have totally made me wanna go there!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!