Wednesday 3 October 2012

Sweet Ritual.

After leaving Austin at midday yesterday and flying all night we arrived home at lunchtime today, tired (will I ever learn to sleep on a plane?!), jet lagged and already missing the sun. England is very grey and quite rainy but after a 4 hour doze I feel refreshed and happy to be home, I love my house & my stuff (I'm, like, the opposite of a minimalist!).

Sweet Ritual was one of my favourite places in Austin and if we'd had the time (or room in our bellies) I would have headed back here every day.


My first Sweet Ritual experience was this stunning Peanut Butter Cup Sundae, of course I had to take it a step too far and order it in one of their homemade sprinkle covered chocolate waffle cones AND top it with marshmallows.

The actual sundae consisted of vanilla soft serve topped with peanut butter sauce, peanuts, chocolate chips and, of course, the added marshmallows.

Now I'm not a vanilla ice cream fan, not at all, quite the opposite in fact. Usually if vanilla's the only ice cream option I'll just skip it (even if it means having no dessert!) but at Sweet Ritual the epic toppings pushed me to give it a try. I was super impressed! This soft serve wasn't barf inducingly sweet like most vanilla based ice creams I've tried, it was just the perfect vehicle for toppings!

On our second visit I got the soft serve topped with salted caramel sauce and toasted marshmallows, yes, that's correct, toasted marshmallows, on a sundae. Mind. Blown.


This was insane! Toasted marshmallows on a sundae are a thing of genius, thank you lovely Sweet Ritual staffer for suggesting such an awesome thing and bringing such joy into my life! And the caramel sauce? OMG, the caramel sauce! It's left me needing to try to recreate it at home and slather it on everything!

I'm feeling pretty tired right now so I'm about to curl up on the sofa with Nick, MoFo blogs, a Daiya grilled cheese and a whole lotta TV, Downton Abbey & New Girl here I come!

19 comments:

  1. Oh man. I might have to head there when I'm in Austin in November. Do you know what the base is for the ice cream (soy, coconut, cashew)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind - I just looked at the website and it seems to be coconut and soy based.

      Delete
  2. I love Sweet Ritual. I have only been there once but it was wonderful.

    For the previous commenter, they may be adding hard-packed ice cream, so there could be different bases in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that toasted marshmallow one bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy yummy ice cream sundaes!
    You'll love Downton this series, plenty of scandal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen so many amazing posts about Austin today that I am seriously craving a trip. The pictures of this sundae put me over the edge! Oh my. Those toasted marshmallows. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're going to have something called a Peanut Butter Cup Sundae, you might as well have it in a chocolate covered cone and topped with marshmallows! *Drool*

    I wish I could watch the new season of Downton here, but I have to wait until it airs in January in the US. BOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. Those sundaes look ridiculous and wonderful and I wish I could try them. Why must Austin be so far away?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That place sounds phenomenal! And, I have to say, anything with caramel sauce definitely gets my vote. Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am going to have to go to Austin next year!! Sweet Ritual sounds amazing!

    And enjoy catching up on tv, both Downton and New Girl have been good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa. I think I just drooled on my desk. Enjoy catching up on Downton <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That marshmallow and caramel sundae looks all kinds of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you liked the vanilla ice cream! I usually don't order it, too because it's kind of boring. But it looks totally right in that sundae!
    Enjoy your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god! I think I just died a little looking at that sundae, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sundaes look pretty epic and delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I was in Austin this weekend, and just blogged about Toy Joy's vegan soft serve! I so wanted to get here too, but they weren't open until afternoon and I ran out of time. :( That peanut butter sundae is causing Deep Regrets in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Toy Joy for Peanut Butter Chocolate soft serve that weekend too!

      Delete

Talk to me!