Wednesday 11 September 2013

WIAW: Terre à Terre edition

This is a bit of a step away from a traditional What I Ate Wednesday post but honestly I'm shocked that I've managed to stick to my themes for this long! 

Today's extra special because Anika from Seattle blog Vegan Score came down to Brighton for the day to hang out and eat as much delicious vegan food as it's possible to squeeze into one day.

We hit up Terre à Terre for lunch and ordered the non alcoholic Terre à Verre menu which comes with a fruity cocktail of your choice, I chose the Lychee Blush.


Next you get a wonderful Terre à Tapas plate to share which is a beautiful selection of mini-dishes from around the menu. Today's tapas included cauli & binger bhajis, aubergine zhuganoush, ratatouille, wasabi cashews, beetroot soup with a nori dusted puffed rice seaweed cracker & deep fried spice dusted polenta cakes served with a chilli jelly. I'm sure there were also two other things that can't remember the names of.


You also get a bowl of their Chunky Hand Cut Chips with an avocado lime hash for dipping.


This meal is absolutely perfect for two people to share and we both loved eating it and discussing the dishes as we went along. We managed to squeeze in some Boho Gelato after a walk along the beach, I had coffee flavour and Anika had the last of the Peanut Butter Sea Salt Caramel - this is my very favourite gelato so I think I deserve props for suppressing my instincts, being a decent hostess and not rugby tackling my guest to the ground so that I could get to the last of it!

After more walking and a drink at my local pub we went to local sushi spot Moshimo's Vegan Challenge Night. They put this on every year and basically what happens is chefs from local restaurants get into Moshi's kitchen and battle it out to present the best sushi dish they can make. There are points for innovation, presentation and taste and it's always a fun night. I just got home and as I have a round up still to write for the official Vegan MoFo blog that write up will have to wait until tomorrow, catch ya then.

PS - I can't believe how fine I'm cutting this one, only 21 minutes until I'd have missed a day!

16 comments:

  1. YAYYY you made it! Congrats! Mine on Saturday was like 20 minutes to midnight too. You rock! I'm so sad I missed Anika AND Moshimo challenge night. Brighton rocks. And wow, you do deserve extra ice cream tomorrow for your sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to sneak it in with 20 minutes to spare! I get anxious when it gets to be about 4 pm and I still haven't started my post. But that's also because I teach in the evenings, so they vanish quickly. That dinner rocks!! And I am jealous that you can find vegan coffee ice cream. I want that so badly. sooooooo badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I made mine yesterday with half an hour to go. You are killin it. Glad you made this one, too - the food looks incredible. I've never thought to eat fried potatoes with avocado but I bet it's incredible. So so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dishes look awesome. I could definitely go for some bhajis right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chips look so good - and with avocado on the side? Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, all of those fried foods look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Terre a Terre, although I can't go there and not have the churros! I am obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I made my posting time 10:00am so I wouldn't run the risk of missing a day this year.

    I am so impressed that you deferred your favorite flavor to a friend. When I visited Ms. Cupcake there was a couple ahead of me who couldn't decide and stepped to the side for a moment. I swooped in and bought every last ambassador because I'm a rotten, gluttonous specimen. Sorry, not sorry; they were SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on keeping up the posting schedule and your theme :)
    Love the look of that mocktail and I've never had chips and guac together but it sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed buddy, I'd totally have rugby tackled you for the last scoop of that gelato!

    I haven't been to TaT in ages, can we go again soon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo! You made it.
    That restaurant sounds fantastic, everything looks beyond tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember you blogging about the sushi challenge last year, such a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at Lychee blush. It's so pretty and pink. BIG props for not tackling your friend for gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those Terre a Terre wedges. I must come back to Brighton one day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chunky Hand Cut Chips with an avocado lime hash sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This food looks delicious! I have been to Brighton so many times but never been to Terre a Terre. I must next time I visit! X

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!