Saturday 14 September 2013

Saturday Snoozeday: San Francisco edition

Today wasn't much of a Snoozeday! The wonders of jet lag had me up and raring to go at 6:30am, but I'm not complaining because we're in San Francisco! Yay!

We headed to The Plant for breakfast because it was one of the only places in the area that was open early. I ordered the Basil Pesto Tofu Scramble which comes with potatoes, wholewheat sourdough toast and fruit.


I really loved the scramble, the tofu was kinda shredded rather than mashed or in chunks which was both interesting and delicious. I'll be trying this technique at home for sure. It was also full of tasty basil and tomatoes, yum. I love carbs so getting both potatoes and toast was always gonna be a win but I hate melon which made up over half of the fruit on the plate.

After breakfast we wandered around the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building and found Pepple's Donuts, I'd heard of this all vegan Oakland based donut co' before but I was surprised and excited by the amount of variety at their small stall. I picked up two donuts, salt caramel and chocolate cookie.


I ate the chocolate cookie donut almost immediately, the inside was chocolate too and the delicious chocolate glaze on the outside had just the right amount of sweetness. There was also a great looking juice place next to Pepple's which had 5 types of green juice as well as a tonne of fruity mixes. Hodo Soy also have a stand outside the building and we bought some delicious tofu egg salad from the rad dude manning the stall.

I'm gonna keep exploring the city now so I'll catch y'all tomorrow for Football Food Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my, that donut looks amazing! Donuts are the one thing I've craved ever since going vegan but I've not found one yet! I keep thinking I should try making them but then I worry they won't be right and I'll be disappointed so I procrastinate and make something else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are keeping up with the mofoing and travelling! You are a blogging beast!
    Not a huge fan of melon either but the potatoes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait to see what you eat in the bay area! there's such good food there. I think my favorite place there, as of last time i visited, is Burma Superstar and the tea leaf salad. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you are in the US&A!!! I hope you have the best time ever. Your food already looks great. And I looove those donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! San Francisco is such a great city. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Good luck with the jet lag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to my 'hood! can't wait to see how you enjoy the bay area, it is the best part of california if i do say so myself :) Pepple's has a fantastic weekend brunch in Oakland if you make it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're here! Welcome to California! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh San Fran how lucky are you! Have a fab time! That scramble looks so gorgeous I could eat it now! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pesto scramble! Heck, I love pesto anything. Enjoy your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're in San Francisco! Have a fantastic time- looks like you already are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! I love living vicariously through other people's fun trips! That breakfast looks so good! Oh, how I miss tofu scrambles. Melons are not my thing either. Watermelon is cool, but I don't care for any other melons.

    That looks like a monster sized doughnut! WANT!

    Have fun in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This chocolate cookie donut looks so gooooooood, especially with the glaze! Have fun in SFO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, I JUST got back from there a couple days ago! Have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum! i love the idea of a basil pesto scramble! and that doughnut looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pepples doughnuts were the first doughnuts I ate in ten years when I was in SF in 2011. I got the cinnamon sugar doughnut, because that is what doughnuts mostly are in Australia, and it was a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to visit San Francisco sometime! I'm pretty sure pesto makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!