Tuesday 23 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 23 - Sweet Like Chocolate


Sunday was mine and Nick's 10 year anniversary and whilst we agreed not to do gifts I knew he was taking us to Terre à Terre for lunch and that he can't resist buying me pretty flowers, something I love but that I just never spend my own money on, so I couldn't help myself. And why when celebrating 10 years would you stick to one gift when you could get 10 gifts?! Nick loves chocolate so I gave him one of his favourite kinds of chocolate every hour for ten hours, well, eleven hours really because on one of the hours he was eating churros with chocolate dipping sauce at Terre à Terre and that seemed like enough excitement for one hour!

Photo Credit for Hotel Chocolat Gianduja Chocolate Bombe Veganoo

In no particular order here's the lowdown on the chocolatey gifts:

1 - Montezuma's - Very Dark Turtles 73%. We both love Montezuma's, one of their flagship stores is about a seven minute walk from our house which means they're one of our go tos when we're buying gifts or picking up treats. I got to eat a few of these yesterday and they are indeed delicious. 

2 - Hotel Chocolat - Gianduja Chocoalte Bombe. Hotel Chocolat are located a couple of doors down from Montezuma's and whilst they don't have as large a selection for vegans they do make these amazing pralines as well as dark chocolates with pistachio and dark chocolate covered marzipan. Their Hazelnut Bûche is also totally ridiculous and a Christmas essential in our house.

3 - Go Max Go - Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups. I'm more of a Justin's PB cup person myself but Nick's on team Cleo. If I'm going Go Max I usually pick up a Twilight!

4 - Vego Bar. I feel like this one doesn't need an introduction but just in case, Vego is a huge vegan milk chocolate bar made with a whole lot of hazelnut paste and stuffed full of whole hazelnuts. It's rocking vegan's worlds right now. Personally I'm kinda over it but Nick's still very much in love.

5 - Humdinger - Dairy Free Buttons. I use these for topping cupcakes, Nick likes them as a quick chocolate pick me up!

6 - Montezumas - Dark 54% Giant Button Bag. These buttons are SO great. Just the right level of sweetness and they're huge!

7 - Co - operative Truly Irresistible Fairtrade Ghanian Dark Chocolate 70%. I blogged about this bar last week, you can pick it up at the supermarket and it's not too expensive. 

8 - Plamil - Organic Orange Chocolate. I don't really understand the appeal of this one but Nick loves it. It's probably the one he buys most often so don't let my opinion put you off trying it!

9 - Seed & Bean - Sicilian Hazelnut. This is probably my favourite out of all of them. I discovered Seed and Bean earlier this year and so far every bar I've tried has been a hit. My favourite is either this one, which is full of Vego-esque hazelnut paste but minus the whole nuts, or the Cornish Sea Salt bar. I might love them both equally but I was certain Nick would enjoy this one more.

10 - Montezuma's - Sunrise Truffles. Super orangey and delicious, I'm hoping Nick might share one of two of these with me!

12 comments:

  1. oh what a cute way to celebrate - I don't know many of the brands but have discovered seed and beans chocolates recently - they are so many fun flavours and I gave my partner a block of the lime and chilli on the weekend which he very much enjoyed (a selfless gift as I am not so into chilli)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this sounds like the perfect anniversary gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I haven't tried Vego bars but now I'm going to have to seek them out to see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww happy anniversary guys. Awesome gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea and I'm going to be on the lookout for that Seed and Bean bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about the Seed and Bean bar or those truffles from Hotel Chocolat. Now I really want to find them - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I've had here are the Cleo cups.. I prefer Justin's too, but I'll take any and all! Now to trick someone into spending 10 years with me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty jealous of all the chocolate options you have. I can't even get my hands on Go Max Go anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the sweetest anniversary present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh! Okay. This post is freaking me out. First of all- best present ever. Musty's and my 15th anniversary is coming soon. I will have to start dropping hints willy nilly. Secondly, your description of vego bar sent me straight to google, before I even finished reading this post. Dude, it is $11 on Vegan Essentials. $11!!!! That is too much. The Sicilian Hazelnut also sounds amazing. Americans really don't appreciate the hazelnut enough. It is superior!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That sounds like the best present ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!