Thursday 18 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 18 - Chip'n Dipped Marshmallow Sundae Bar

A few years ago I heard about a chocolate bar filled with Dandies marshmallows and I just knew I had to try it. I love marshmallows! 


It's made by Chip'n Dipped Cookie Company who I'd never heard of before and unfortunately after searching high and low in New York, Portland, Seattle and San Francisco this highly elusive Marshmallow Sundae bar was nowhere to be found... that was until I hit the jackpot at Rabbit Food Grocery in Austin! I was browsing the online store and making up an order for collection at one of their pop ups when I saw it, I threw two into my basket without a second thought.

I didn't peel open the wrapper until a couple of days ago when a chocolate craving hit and I was surprised by what lay inside. For some reason I was expecting squares you'd break off, no biggie though, instead I snapped off two thirds and Nick and I went to town!


Whilst I was indeed overjoyed every time I bit into delicious squishy marshmallow I was definitely a little disappointed in the quality of the chocolate, it was a little on the crumbly side. Taste wise we weren't unhappy though and we finished off the bar in no time. I will totally eat my way through the next one but it's not making my top 10 favourite ever chocolate bars list!

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like it should be the most awesome thing ever. Too bad it wasn't as good as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate with marshmallows? I could totally go for that, at least once to get it off my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about the quality of the chocolate but worth trying to end the mystery of it all! I bet homemade chocolate covered marshmallows can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never heard of this, though it looks like I'm not missing anything super life-changing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like making my own bark with marshmallows & dark chocolate! i love the combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I put that on instagram last year or so you said you had never been able to find it! I'm so glad you have finally found it! I love it. You're right, it's not the best chocolate, but the marshmallows make it sooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! A marshmallow chocolate bar sounds like a dream! I want to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, interesting idea. Shame the chocolate let it down a bit. Since Vego appeared my standards for vegan choc have shot right up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like it should be gorgeous and reminds me of Wonka bars! If I manage to find one anywhere I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is disappointing about the chocolate quality. I find a lot of things are let down by crappy chocolate, though I am fairly picky about my chocolate.
    Even so, I still want to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!