Tuesday 30 September 2014

MoFo '14 Day 30 - S'mores Cookies


I got tattooed earlier (check my Instagram for a pic) and I know that what I need during a tattoo appointment is sugar so I made cookies to share! I heard about this recipe for S'mores Cookies on Lindsay's blog Vegan Chai but it originally came from Amanda at Will Draw for Cookies. You should definitely check it out because it's an illustrated recipe and it's super adorable. 


Now when both of these ladies made them they turned out super well, they were all perfect and round, y'know just how you'd expect a cookie to look. Here are mine pre-oven...


...and here they are post oven. 


I think that Freedom Mallows maybe melt less well than Dandies and by that I mean they melt like craaaaazy, everywhere. Either it was the fault of the mallows (which I totally did cut in half to make mini mallows) or I'm a terrible baker...I'm going to keep blaming the mallows. I subbed rich tea biscuits for the Graham crackers because we don't have those here, I was planning to use digestive biscuits but every single kind at the supermarket I went to had milk.

I realised after taking the first two off of the tray that I was going to need to let them cool completely before popping them on the cooling rack, ten minutes wasn't quite enough. Ooops!


A good 75% were attractive enough for sharing which actually worked out wonderfully because it meant that the other half needed eating stat. That was really tough for Nick and I because we totally hate cookies*! *we do not totally hate cookies. Despite not being the most beautiful these were super delicious. I'd definitely make them again.


I'll leave you with two pic's of what these cookies are meant to look like!

Photo Credit Amanda

 Photo credit Lindsay

It's been a super fun VeganMoFo y'all. I can't believe it's over. I'm feeling a little emotional about writing the very last round up on the official VeganMoFo blog later! If you've enjoyed my MoFoing rest assured that I still have plenty of posts in the works for after MoFo and I'll be posting regularly for the rest of the year and beyond!

15 comments:

  1. The cookies look delicious, regardless of their shapes! Your posts this MoFo have been so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They still look super tasty! I've really enjoyed your posts and high five for posting every day! I look forward to seeing what else you have planned for the rest of the year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been awesome and the cookies look yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for cookies! Yay for tattoos! Yay for MoFo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute tat! I hope your foot feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. going out with a bang - tattoos & homemade s'more cookies, even the mangled ones look devour-able!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this is one of those 'see the celebrities without makeup and photoshop' posts. Your cookies look beautiful and real just as they are. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hee, they look fine to me! i'd eat 'em! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look good to me. I love the melty cookie on the cooling rack, I just want to inhale it!
    Happy end of MoFo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never had smores but those sound wicked awesome. Love your new tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed your post during MoFo.

    Those cookies look so good. I haven't made cookies in almost a year I think... what's wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still totally want one of these cookies. I have become obsessed with biscuits and cookies since being pregnant. Oh, and my baked goods never look like they're supposed to. I actually like the "rustic" look :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to wrap it up! Those cookies look so delish! Good thing some "needed" eating right away!

    Zsu @ Zsu's Vegan Pantry

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!