Sunday 21 October 2012

Football Food Sunday - Dawgs!

Today's Football Food Sunday was inspired by one of our favourite places in Austin, a bar called Frank's. Frank's shows football, makes a delicious cocktail (or three!) and serves up awesome vegan food. What more could you ask for?! Here's my take on the food we ate at Frank's.


The first thing we had to find to make this meal was a UK version of the waffle fries served at Frank's. Living in the land of no-tots I didn't have high hopes but as you can see we got 'em almost spot on! Looks wise these Supreme Crisscuts were perfect but flavour wise they were a little spicier than the waffle fries at Franks. We also served ours with 1000 island dressing rather than BBQ sauce.


This Frank's dog photo was taken before I added mustard but we topped our store-bought Fry's dawgs with sauerkraut, ketchup & mustard just like at Frank's!


It was so good! I could eat like this all the time but it's probably best saved for Football Food Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. I agree that this dish is totally perfect but you're right, it's probably more fun as a once in a while meal. I haven't had waffle fries in a long time but they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get huge cravings for hot dogs after ice hockey games, they are probably the only fake meat I crave.
    Can I swap NFL for NHL, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be nice if this type of food was super healthful and then the yuckier, more healthful stuff was bad for you? Oh, to dream! I could eat this stuff every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... I too would love to eat like this every day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that looks so great. Those waffle fries.... The sauerkraut. Oh the sauerkraut, mixed with a veggie dog. Fully loaded deliciousness!

    I have dreams of watching NHL hockey and eating delicious vegan junk food. Alas, it's not in the cards this year... I should change my sport :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hot dogs! there's a new vegan hotdog / frankfurter from Field Roast that is absolutely amazing. I've only ever sampled it at VegFest up in San Francisco. It was so delicious, but - like you said - hardly health food. I'm basically waiting for a good hot dog moment to come into my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!