Thursday 27 September 2012

Almost that time again...

Yep, that's right, it's almost Vegan MoFo time again!


Just in case you've never heard of Vegan MoFo it's an annual blogging event where everyone taking part tries to cook, eat, and blog about vegan food as often as possible for the month of October. The idea is to shoot for a post every weekday but for the last two years I've posted every single day, I'll foolishly be attempting to do the same again this time around!

Last year I had so much fun with MoFo, I created some elaborate lighting solutions...


...ate an amazing amount of delicious food...

 Isa's Apple Pie Pancakes. Recipe here!

...and got very overexcited about making bread!


As usual I'll be spending some of MoFo outa the country, this time around I'll be in Austin for the first three days (I'm there right now!!) so there'll be some classic blogging-from-the-road happening! I don't know why MoFo always coincides with some kinda trip outa the country for me but it's almost becoming a tradition!

I'm whipping out some new themes this year, last year I had different daily themes & it was so fun that I'll be doing that again this year...

Go Go Gadget Monday - I have so many underused gadgets, from my spiraliser to my chocolate fountain, every Monday I'll be digging them out from the back of my cupboards and making them useful!

Cookbook Challenge Tuesday - My ever popular cookbook challenge will be making a return this year but only for one day a week. I'll be picking the cookbook names out of a hat & using a random number generator to pick the page. Last year the challenge saw me eating a lot of cookies, discovering two of my now-favourite recipes in one day & getting just a little stressed out!

What I Ate Wednesday - This is kinda a free choice fun day for me, I'll probably be keeping it nice & simple with pictures of what I've been eating.

Things I Love Thursday - Product reviews, restaurant reviews, cookbook reviews.

Pie-Day Friday - Any excuse to eat pies really! I'll be whipping out my underused copy of Vegan Pie In The Sky.

Scottish Saturday - Every Saturday I'll be going back to my Scottish roots and recreating some of the dinners I remember my mum making for me when I was a kid.

Football Food Sunday - Yep, MoFo is during football season again! That's American football guys, Nick'll be watching the games on a Sunday night & I'll be making it even more fun by knocking up some ridiculous American style eats.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to get blogging! Are you taking part too? Do you have a theme? Or themes? Or are you just winging it?

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your posts!
    Especially the Scottish Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Austin, Jojo! Catch you on the MoFo side.
    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football Sundays sound like the winner to me - I'm guessing it's got to be all lovely and greasy and designed for soaking up a truckload of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mix on themes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing Vegan Mofo for the first time ever,I'm really excited. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you mix it up so much. Hooray for Football Food Sundays again, they were great last year! Go Go Gadget Mondays and Scottish Saturdays sound interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just started thinking about this as well!!! i like the way you are laying out the weeks this year -- i WISH i had myself together that much. i'm looking forward to your posts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jojo, this is so inspirational!
    I hope I mofo even half as awesomely as you!
    I want to try making bread myself, it scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so exciting! I always love your MoFo Posts.
    No MoFo for me this year, I'm going to be in Japan for over half the month and my phone is not clever enough to blog from the road. So I shall just have to read this year.
    Your cookbook challenges are always my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I love your daily themes, especially "Go Go Gadget Monday" and "Cookbook Challenge Tuesday!" I look forward to seeing your posts.

      Delete
  12. I love your daily themes, looking forward to Vegan MoFo and I will be reading your lovely blog everyday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daily themes sound great, Jojo! I can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your themes sounds awesome, and I can't wait to read your posts! You've actually inspired me to include a cookbook challenge into mofo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great themes! I love that you included the cookbook challenge again but I'm looking forward to reading your posts on the other subjects as well. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!