Wednesday 26 August 2009

Infinity Cafe Breakfast & The George Part II

Whilst my friend was visiting she wanted to try a full English breakfast and where better to go than the very local Infinity Foods Cafe. We of course went for the vegan option but there are also wheat and gluten free choices making this the perfect place for people with specific dietary requirements.


Consisting of sausages, baked beans, spinach, tomato, vegi bacon, fried potatoes and mushroom on toast, this full English was a plate of perfectly seasoned breakfast awesomeness! I loved the portabello mushroom on toast instead of the usual button mushrooms and the tofu sausages were amazing. I can't wait to find time in the morning to head down there and have this again.

I wanted to take Michelle to as many all veggie places as possible so the next stop had to be The George. I always used to end up ordering The George Burger but The George now has a daily specials menu and this weekend they had a Chicken and Bacon Burger.


As with The George Burger the Chicken and Bacon Burger comes with vegan mayo, chips and a side salad. We both added vegan cheese to our burgers and it was awesome. These are some seriously good chicken burgers - so good in fact that we went back a couple of days later and had the exact same thing!

13 comments:

  1. the tofu sausages caught my eye and aren't giving it back. ow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for a full Scottish breakfast, you have fried potato scones* instead of fried potatoes!

    *A Scottish delicacy!

    This all looks very tasty! You're so lucky to have such great places to eat nearby!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!! I need to get off my lazy arse and make you take me to all these places. That chicken burger looks sooooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey you... I've been SOOO good about passing up the pre-packaged breakfast sausage at the market lately.... grr... don't know if I can hold out any longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even seen a place offering a vegan take on the traditional English breakfast like this! So jealous...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I have to say, I can't imagine eating so much savor food for breakfast. I will definitely have to try it when I get over to England!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love burger and fries..but I always love your english breakfast posts...I never had them..there is no place in Brazil to ghet them, and I don't think we have the same beans.
    Your blog is colourfull and full of yamies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and it made me VERY hungry. I could do vegetarian but I do like my eggs and cheese (and a little fish - sorry Jojo)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay - i'm even more excited about going to the george on our meet up next month now. woot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am DYING to get a proper brekkie in England!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!