Monday 27 March 2017

The Coffee Counter

Having lived just one street away from The Coffee Counter's location for almost ten years I've seen a huge number of businesses open and close in this spot. The difference I can see here is that The Coffee Counter is warm, inviting, and moving with the times with their vegetarian and vegan menus so hopefully they'll be a permanent addition to the area.


The vegan menu is pretty substantial and offeres vegan versions of most of the things I'd be interested in eating on the meaty menu.


You get to choose your bread and I went with sourdough because it's the best bread. I also obviously ordered a reuben because it's the best sandwich.

I grabbed a grilled cheese too because that's a classic and because Nick and I were sharing and I wasn't 100% sure he'd be down with sauerkraut and gherkins.


As you can see I was so excited by the reuben that I didn't even switch my camera from square to photo! 


Both sandwiches were good but the reuben was on a whole 'nother level. As Nick said "this is better than the sandwiches we ate at Orchard Grocer" and y'know what? He wasn't wrong! Those were damn good sandwiches but this reuben is a step up even from there which is kinda mind blowing because the UK's sandwich game isn't usually so great. If you haven't tried The Coffee Counter's reuben yet get down there asap, I promise you wont be disappointed. 
SaveSave
SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. The Vegan Big Dog sounds good too, but you've sold me on the reuben - largely because I've never even seen a vegan one on a menu before! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Reuben looks amazing!! The grilled cheese does too of course, but a vegan Reuben!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UK definitely needs to up the sandwich game so this is very exciting to see! I've only ever had a reuben made at home and it was with tempeh. I might have to nick their idea of using smoked tofu next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'The UK definitely needs to up the sandwich game' we invented it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get the Reuben everywhere I go because it is always the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd go if it were all vegan.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!