Monday 16 May 2011

Brighton Vegan Bakesale.

We're puttin' on a bake sale! It's Brighton's first time taking part in the WWVBS & our stall will be located outside the WaiKikaMooKau cafe on Kensington Gardens. The sale takes place on Saturday May 28th, which is just under two weeks away people! We'll be there from 10am & we're not going home until we sell out.

Here are the details on a fancy poster...

The money we're raising will be split between Sea Shepherd & one of my favourite local charities the East Sussex Wildlife Rescue & Ambulance Service.

We're still looking for people to contribute baked goods to the sale so please leave me a comment or e-mail me at jojo . huxster (@) me . com if you can help. If not, no worries, I'm sure we'll see you there!

So far we have had donations pledged by the lovely people at Ms Cupcake, The Home Cakery & Titbits Catering as well as this list of baked goods made by our individual supporters:

Sweetie Cupcakes
Double Chocolate Cupcakes (featured on the poster)
Candy Cane Joe Joe Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Chocolate Cheesecake
Gluten Free Banana Bread
Zuccini Spelt Muffins
Cookies
Quiche

I'm really excited, I've organised a gig for charity before but never a bake sale so I hope it goes well. Wish us luck!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! I organized a bake sale for the last two years. It seems scary, especially in the first part - trying to get things together. Once it is said and done and you can give the $ to the orgs - then you can smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck !! wish i could come :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, look forward to hearing about the day. I am sure you will sell out of stuff! It's made me hungry just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's be a total success!
    I would love to donate, but unfortunately baking really isn't a strong point! But I wish you loads of luck!
    And Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies?! Mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd offer to bake something, but my cupcakes are apparently so bad that my then-8 year old sister wouldn't eat them! I will, however, be there with my coin purse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! I hope you raise tons of money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Will do my best to be there tomorrow morning. I might have to bring some tupperware by the sounds of it- not sure I'll be able to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!