Tuesday 27 August 2013

Almost that time again...

You guys! It's almost Vegan MoFo time! If you're thinking that it's been less than a year since the last time I blogged every day for a month, you'd be right. Last year's MoFo was in October and this year we've moved it forward by a month so that we can have a little more daylight and a little less pumpkin, two things I'm definitely excited about.

Just incase you haven't heard of it before Vegan MoFo, or Vegan Month Of Food, is an annual month long blogging event where everyone taking part tries to eat, cook and blog about vegan food as much as possible. The idea is to shoot for a post every weekday but for the last three years I've posted every day during the month, I'll be attempting to do that again this year.

It's become a MoFo tradition for me to reflect on last years posts and in doing so I just spent thirty minutes gazing at photos from Austin where I began last years MoFo month. Just look at this Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Sweet Ritual.


When we got back from Austin I recreated this hot dawg and waffle fry meal from Frank's on Football Food Sunday.


I also took part in the great MoFo Kitchen Tour...


...made one of the most delicious pies ever on Pie-Day Friday...


...and discovered one of my favourite ever sandwiches on Cookbook Challenge Tuesday; the Monte Cristo Reuben from 500 Vegan Recipes.


This year I'm moving away from some of my regular themes, sorry Cookbook Challenge fans, because I'm going to be travelling and blogging from the road for half of the month. As I'm sure regular readers of my blog have noticed I'm terrible at blogging from the road so this is going to be a huge challenge for me. I'm hoping to stick to my themes but I suspect that some may fall by the wayside and end up being replaced with photos of me eating doughnuts!

As is traditional I'm going with daily themes and here they are...

Mac 'n Cheese Monday - This is one of the themes we came up with in the Vida Vegan Con MoFo Workshop and I'm running with it. I'll be posting about my favourite Mac 'n Cheese recipes as well as blogging about the Mac 'n Cheeses I'll be eating on the road.

Travel Tip Tuesday - General travel tips, from packing and planning to staying vegan on the road.

What I Ate Wednesday - Keeping it simple and showing you guys what I eat on a regular day whether I'm at home or away.

Thirsty Thursday - Another MoFo Workshop theme, I'm pretty sure one week will be about root beer!

Facsimile Friday - Re-creating some of my favourite foods from my American travel adventures.

Snoozeday Saturday - Breakfast in bed! These MoFo Workshop themes just keep on coming!

Football Food Sunday - This is the one theme from previous years that's sticking around but this year we'll actually be watching the 49ers games IN San Francisco! So excited!

As always I'm super excited to get blogging every day and I'll be writing round ups and running competitions over at the official Vegan MoFo blog just like last year. If you're still not sure if you're up for joining in with the MoFo fun pop over to the official blog and have a read of Katie's VeganMoFo On The Go post as well as mine on Official Themes and Blogging Prompts. It would be so awesome if everyone with a vegan blog would take part! You do only have until August 28th to sign up though so move fast.

7 comments:

  1. Yay!! I can't wait!! I'm planning a what I ate wednesday tooo!!!! Cause I like alliteration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't keep up with themes. Last year I did fall flavors and haven't wanted apple, pumpkin, or pears since.
    This month I think I might break it into weekly themes? I can't make up my mind. It's getting down to the wire. Luckily I love deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, i'm sad about no more cook book challenges, but looking forward to your mofo posts nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss the cookbook challenges, but really excited to read all your themed posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to your posts during Vegan MoFo. I love the themes. I've been lacking creative juice recently and am still trying to figure out some type of theme.

    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait! I've signed up and am looking forward to joining in the MoFo fun as a blogger as well as a reader this year :)
    I've got a vague theme in place but if I get stuck I'll definitely lean on some of your great suggestions. Enjoy the travels too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thirsty Thursdays sounds great! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!