Monday 25 October 2010

Luxembourg

About a year ago I got it into my head that I wanted to visit every country in Europe by the time I hit 30, now 27 & without a real income it doesn't seem all that likely to happen but I fully intend to keep trying!

By the end of our honeymoon I'd gotten my total up to 20 countries including Luxembourg, yay! Now we'd sort of decided to just drive though Luxembourg until I realised that it has a vegan restaurant; I'd read about Anabanana on Happy Cow and insisted that we visit this colourful looking place.



We arrived in Luxembourg towards the end of their opening hours and couldn't find a single place to park the van so I had to run in and get take out. I waited about 10 minutes for our food as everything's made to order and the lovely owner gave me a glass of juice to sip on whilst I waited. As far as I could tell Anabanana is the converted downstairs floor of the owners house giving it a really cosy and intimate feel.




The lunch option at Anabanana is the plate of the day either with or without salad.


That day's dish was a black bean stew with cauliflower in a creamy sauce and almond cous cous, it came garnished with cucumber and edible flowers and the salad was simple & green. I'm always a little wary of ordering the plate of the day as I can be a little fussy but this was exactly what I needed after our long drive. The cous cous was seriously delicious and I loved both the black bean stew & the cauliflower. If I ever happen to be in Luxembourg again I'll certainly pay this place another visit & so should you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous... We have like literally no vegan places around here. Just a few vegan-friendly ones >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I have always wanted to visit Luxembourg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plate sounds wonderful- Simple, but such a harmonious and satisfying combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all of your recent travel post documenting your road trip adventures in Europe. You found SO MUCH delicious vegan food, which is no surprise really :) I included some links to highlight your recent adventures in my October roundup of vegan travel news. Thanks for sharing tales from your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!